you know your life is sad when you spend almost 3 hours online- naturalizer.com in specific- trying to obtain these glorious boots for a major discount on cyber monday. why 3 hours you may ask. well. let me tell you. the site was down and i'm sure mayhem was breaking out amongst the naturalizer followers of the world (very smart people, i might add because the shoes are INCREDIBLE...)
so yes. finally gave up around 10:30 and went to bed defeated and annoyed. technology intervenes again.
BUT. happy ending- called the national number today...waited on the line forever. listened to a recording that said something like "we are experiencing a heightened number of calls right now. please stay on the line and someone will assist you shortly." hmmmm... i wonder why there were so many callers today? poor phone people.
on a school note- my new para started today and she is nothing short of fabulous. i am very excited about para #3 (yes, i am on my third) and hope that she will stay for the long run. my highflier of the class (one of the 2 students she serves) was in fine form today and threw some pretty quality tantrums. one being at the very end of the day walking out to his car. he asked if i could carry him (he's a BIG five year old) and i jokingly said "no, you are too big" and he threw the tantrums of all tantrums. mom quickly came to his aid and consoled him- thus the root of the problem. :) he got exactly what he wanted. oh parents. help us out.



Oh boy. Tantrums are rough!!! Seems like you're struggling as much as I am... I thought things were better in America!
ReplyDeleteWhat was the outcome of the boots? You said it was a happy ending... but never said if it was a success!
My 3rd grader (also a big guy) had a tantrum today. I sent him out of the classroom & talked with him, then asked him if 2 minutes would be enough to calm down and come back in. He said he needed 5 min. OK. I set a timer, and he would be quiet, looking to see if I was looking at him. If I even glanced in his direction, he'd start crying....LOUDLY. I ignored him after a couple of times of that, & then he walked in after the 5 minutes was up. ;-) I think that's why I teach 3rd and not kinder!
ReplyDeleteFollowing from the blog hop. You might like the activities posted on Touch of Home Learning. www.touchofhomelearning.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteFamily blog at www.thehickmanfour.blogspot.com