Saturday, March 12, 2011

Lucky the Leprechaun visits Kindergarten...


Lucky the Leprechaun comes to visit Kindergarten the first Friday of March every year.  He has never been caught, but some kids have ended up with a little piece of his shirt and pants caught in their traps...

When no one was in the room, Lucky would come in looking for gold, wreaking havoc on the room (flipping chairs, stuff everywhere- glitter trails).  The kids would come back to find the room in shambles and race to check their traps to see if they caught him- because if they did, he would grant them three wishes.  A couple kids got close, but he wasn't caught this year.  They loved finding a special green "present" from Lucky each day (mints, pencils, stickers).
A former K student from Mrs. Taylor's next door came to share his trap from years ago.  The kids were entranced! Over the weekend, the kids could make their own traps. Here are some of them- pretty cute, huh?
Happy Early St. Patrick's Day!

5 comments:

  1. Oh that is lovely! Such an exciting thing to do... and it gets them creating and inventing, with a purpose in mind. I love the idea of the bits of cloth caught in someone's trap, and glitter trails round the (messed-up!) classroom. A great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Love this idea! I won't have time to do it this year, but am making a note for next year!
    Jenea
    www.seedsofnoledge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea!! I think I may have to get my kiddos to make traps this week and leave them out on the 17th! I think I may have to go to the $1 store tomorrow

    ReplyDelete

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)