25 week update here we go!
Since I last posted, we celebrated our last sans-children/baby Easter with my family and had a super nice time over at my parents. Gorgeous weather, too! Nice improvement from the past few Easters we've had where I've been in long pants, a sweater, etc. Unacceptable for springtime.
Mom and Dad
Dad, Chris, me, Mom and Scott
The whole fam- us with Granddad and Grandmother
Baby Updates:
Been working on wheelin' and dealin' our cloth diaper stash. We're up to 14 now- goal is closer to 30. We are planning to use disposables while we get the hang of things and then switch little missy over to these adorable things.
Our lovely chair came in finally! We were so excited. It is a swivel, rocker, and recliner (the handle to pull out the leg rest is actually inbetween the arm cushion and the big cushion). Love that it looks like a regular chair. Oh and did I mention it is quite comfy? I hear we'll be spending a LOT of time in it. :)
And here's me- oh my. Little girl is poppin' OUT.
Still able to wear normal clothes but have opted for a few maternity pieces on some days because let's be real... elastic is better for all of us. Am I right?
Symptoms wise, feeling great. Definitely am hungry but not out of control- some days are worse than others. Energy is overall good, nothing weird going on so am very grateful. Am definitely living up the second trimester as I hear the storm is ahead.... hello summer time/third trimester.
Doctor's appointments since my last post have been good- she is measuring on track and I even got permission to opt for chocolate milkshakes more often than not. hehe I've taken advantage of that a couple of times but am eating well like I usually do- hopefully that will pay off! Have my glucose text next week that I am NOT looking forward to (drinking a super high concentration of sugar drink in 5 minutes then going in for lab work- testing for gestational diabetes). Starting in June, I will see the doctor every 2 weeks- insane!
Switching gears, celebrated my first official/unofficial Mother's Day today with my wonderful mom and family. Also celebrated little Scotty's belated 24th birthday (was on May 2nd).
My mom loves raspberries so I found a fun little drink on Pinterest to try out- was a passion tea drink garnished with basil and raspberries! Yum!! Also got to use my new mason jars that Chris picked up at the hardware store for me. :)
Hydrangeas we got for my mom- her favorite
Cheers!
Got this little book to fill out with quotes little Bean says in the future- my mom kept a record of things I said early on and it is quite entertaining to read. I also gave this to my mother in law. :)
Chris surprised me with a mother's day card and an AMAZING dog print he made for baby girl's nursery!!! Even in her colors! I have been looking at prints like this on etsy and this is way better than anything I've found- and her dad made it! :) Can't wait for the furniture to come in so we can start decorating and find a place to hang this thing.
Celebrating Scott's bday with key lime pie
Us with our mom- and Bernie boy
And even Scout gets a shout out on this post. :) Doing what he loves the most- playing fetch in the backyard. This man's birthday is in a few weeks- he'll be five!
I have my school baby shower this week so am looking forward to that on Thursday and then Mike and Vanessa (Chris's parents) get in from Chicago Friday night! 13 1/2 days of school left- this year has FLOWN. Crazy busy with wrapping up school. All is well at the Coffey house- will update soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment
your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)