Saturday, August 16, 2014

38/39 Week Update... last update?

This is the first post I've written that I feel like could be my last pre-baby one.... so... so... so strange. My gut tells me this little girl is taking her sweet time and won't be here til at least a couple-few days after her due date.  She's starting to take up quite a bit of space.... please see exhibit A and B: 
Exhibit A:  38 Weeks 

Exhibit B: 39 Weeks

I've been seeing my OB weekly and my last appointment was Thursday. Baby's heartbeat was great and all is well.  Just a waiting game.  I'll go back for a 40 week appointment on Thursday again and then we'll talk about a plan for if she's not arriving in a reasonable amount of time (within a week or so of her due date, Aug. 23rd).  It's the weirdest feeling knowing that life could change at any moment but not knowing what that change is going to be like.... complete and utter unknown.  Trying to take each day in stride and enjoy this time...! *cue deep breathing....*

I've been feeling pretty good overall- still do not feel like I have ANY room to complain.  Energy has been very hit or miss- my body attempted to come down with a sinus type deal and I told it that it's unacceptable.. so it went away after a few days. :) Been a little congested and just tired.  Been getting a little crampy here and there- not sure if that's what a contraction is like or not but they rarely happen. Yet. lol Doing almost nightly long walks and am doing great with those- I feel the best when I'm exercising and on the move.  Sleeping really well, appetite is on and off out of control (hungry), and mentally stable. lol All I can ask for, right? 

Some random life updates in pictures:

"I love this room mom and dad redid for me. Isn't it nice?" 

One item on our home improvement list was to get a rug for the kitchen.  Ended up getting this beauty from Target and have LOVED it!  Before and after:
 Other home improvement- working on the landscaping area right outside baby girl's room.  Got this gorgeous and tall hydrangea today and will hopefully get it and some other things planted sooner than later. 


Scout frolicking in the backyard.  Still clueless as to what is about to hit.

Used up the last of a giftcard I got from Chris an embarrassing amount of years ago (yes, I said years- I'm a hoarder) for a prenatal 1 hour massage. It was quite nice. :) 


Been doing some laundry- these were all given to us by a girl on one of my 'swap and shop' mom pages on Facebook.  Beyond generous (all newborn size). 
You get up for 2 seconds out of bed and this little thing immediately takes over.  Someone loves the Snoogle as much as his mom does... this thing has been a LIFESAVER (thank you, Mom and Dad...)

Well- not much else to update you on! Like I said, just a waiting game now.....!!! Ready for this to all feel real. 

See you SOON, says Baby C! 


And just a pretty picture for the road- :) these are Dahlias from when we were out looking at plants to put outside her room. 

1 comment:

  1. It truly was your last post before Baby! :) Congrats mommy! So happy for you, Chris, Baby Peyton and Scout :) Can't wait to meet your little bundle of Joy!

    ReplyDelete

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)