Wow, a year went by fast. Now I get what mamas mean when they say time flies because it really does. Best year of my life, no question. All because of this little girl!
Peyton's birthday was Monday, August 17th- we got up, went on a birthday walk...
Met Daddy up at the Legends for lunch at Panera and did a couple of quick stops in some stores
That night we had my grandparents from Topeka and my parents over for a yummy dinner.
Then gifts! She got spoiled for sure.
The labor of love cake I made for Peyton- I had my mind set on making this masterpiece of a cake (6 separate layers and homemade frosting). Totally worth the work- it was delicious.
Trying out her new chair from Granddad and Grammy
and her car from Mom and Dad
The cake was a hit with her but not too much so I was happy :) she liked it but wasn't obsessively eating it. We'll attempt to keep the sweet tooth away for as long as we can- unfortunately with Chris and I's genes the poor child is doomed.
She loved opening gifts- especially the boxes and tissue paper. :)
Her actual party was a week later! We had the most gorgeous weather- around 73ish and sunny. We were able to be outside and it was just the perfect day. Simple and fun.
I started crafting for this big event back in May so it was fun to see it all come together. :) Cupcakes courtesy of Chris's highschool friend, Cara. They were delish! I did the toppers.
Sign in table- had everyone sign a book for her (the book is Someday- such a tear jerker) and party favors were books.
Month by month pictures
Front door
Chillin before the party with Granddad
one of my best friends, Megan, and I with the babies- Peyton and Hugh. Not sure how I would have survived the past year without this girl!
Peyton taking Hugh back to her roots via newborn pictures
Peyton and Nessa (Chris's mom)
Attempted a nap after her party but this girl was wired. Had some down time then got up to open gifts. She loved everything she got!
Such a wonderful day(s) we had celebrating our Peyton. We love her so much and can't wait to see what the next year holds! Happy 1st Birthday, big girl!














No comments:
Post a Comment
your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)