Wednesday, April 7, 2010

what i won't do to not do action research work...

so here i am, sitting at the kitchen table at 2:15 on wednesday afternoon. i told myself that i would work from 1-3 on my action research class. well, i am now making chicken lo mein. when i get bored, i get hungry- and when i get hungry, i can't work. so i am making chicken lo mein as we speak and will share the recipe with you! it is DELICIOUS! low fat and all!

oh, and i am now setting a goal that WHILE this stuff cooks.... i will "work" on my homework. i just am having a hard time getting engaged in all this research and theory business. not my style.

Low-Fat Chicken Lo Mein!

What You Need: (super easy to substitute things or leave others out- the ingredients in blue i left out)


1/2 lb. spaghetti, uncooked
 1/4 cup KRAFT Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts,cut into strips
2 cloves garlic, minced
 1 pkg. (16 oz.) frozen bell pepper and onion strips, thawed, drained
1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 Tbsp. peanut butter
1/4 cup lite soy sauce
2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp. chopped PLANTERS COCKTAIL Peanuts Make It!



1.  COOK spaghetti in large saucepan.






MEANWHILE, heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic; stir-fry 3 min. or until chicken is no longer pink. Add vegetables, broth and peanut butter; stir-fry 3 to 4 min. or until chicken is done.






DRAIN spaghetti; return to pan. Add chicken mixture and soy sauce; mix lightly. Spoon onto platter; top with cilantro and nuts.


Kraft Kitchens TipsVariation


Prepare as directed, using multi-grain spaghetti and substituting 2 thinly sliced green onions for the cilantro.


Variations


Spicy Chicken Lo Mein: Add 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper to the hot dressing along with the chicken and garlic. Pork Lo Mein: Substitute 1 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into strips, for the chicken and reduced-sodium beef broth for the chicken broth.


Note


To make the lo mein easier to serve and eat, break the spaghetti in half before cooking.

yum!

onto some brief other news...

Scout ripped out stuffing/Snuffle's bottom- for those of you who do not know Snuffles....I got him when I was born and he is a VERY special 23 year old polar bear. Chris worked a night shift Monday night and was sleeping during the day Tuesday... and obviously Scout got bored and took it out on one of my prized possessions. Needless to say, Snuffles is in the hospital aka the laundry room waiting for repair. Poor guy.

Are these cute or what? My mom gave them to Chris and I. I told my kids (students) about it in class and oen of my little guy's face lights up and he exclaims that... " OH MY GOSH! The Easter Bunny gave me a chocolate bunny... with my name on it, TOO!!!!" haha Oh kindergarten- I will miss you.
 
I will leave you with a Kindergarten quote:
 
"Mrs. Coffey.... you know how Mr. Coffey works all day?
 How come he gets paid and you don't?

1 comment:

  1. Hola-

    I completely understand the necessity to bake and/or blog when you're stressed with writing research papers. In fact, this weekend I have TWO to write... one on my action research and another just because this teacher likes to have us write research papers. Ugh.

    Love the recipe, I'll have to try it sometime... and I LOVE great value stuff at Walmart. It's a great feeling to be thrifty :)

    ReplyDelete

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)