Saturday, June 12, 2010

the crafts are BACK! :)

oh man let the crafting begin...

so i know i have been MIA, and that's because i've been in south carolina visiting my best friend and her family. we've had the best time and it always goes too fast. while i was there, we got into a crafty mood. so, the following two projects will be shared on this post! :)
1. Shrinky Dinks (amazing is the only word)
2. Super cute tray for my classroom!


1. Shrinky Dinks
(bought at A.C. Moore, a store we don't have in KS!)

basically, some genious came up with this type of material that you draw on, cut out, put in an oven for a very brief amount of time, they shrink, and come out hard and are like little charms. amazing. see pics below!

i decided to make a 'my favorite things' keychain (i'll post the final pic later!)

drew them with sharpies

cut them out and punch a hole somewhere on each

put them on a brown paper bag

and into an oven...

and right infront of your eyes in the oven, they SHRINK!!! so cool!

i took these and made a keychain that i will post pics of later. this is actually a kids craft so kids out there would LOVE it. you can make all kinds of things.

2. Super cute 'Turn In Tray' for my classroom

supplies

splurge- ouch. so cute though.

Ta-Da! i think my students will look forward to turning in things, don't you?

UndertheTableandDreaminggiveawaysbums/vv298/theliebertfamily/party2-1.jpg" />
MarketingMondays
Tuesday Tag-Along

11 comments:

  1. Very Cute Tray! Love the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love them! I haven't done shrinky dinks forever! I am adding that to my list of summer crafts! fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you just decoupage the paper on the tray? SUPER cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI! Im a new follower with MM! C'mon over for a visit. chickenista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. a very very very PRECIOUS tray
    and I LOVE shrinky dinks!

    xoxo
    bB

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tray is adorable! I love the shrink dinks! I've been meaning to pick some up but forget to look everytime I'm out. Thanks for the reminder! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase! I greatly appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderful week! ~ Stephanie Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the tray!!!
    Following you from "Follow Me Back Tuesdays."
    Great blog!
    Lynn
    www.bradybunchplus1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Found you through one of the hops, and now following along ... :)

    foodfloozie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you just took me down memory lane! I loved shrinky dinks as a kid!! How fun! I can't wait until my 4 year old is a little older to do this craft! Your tray is adorable too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're slacking...update please???!!! What...do you think you've been busy or something???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow cool I always thought that was awesome as a kid!I just gave you the Versatile blogger
    award and a link have agood day

    ReplyDelete

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)