Tuesday, July 6, 2010

back after a little hiatus: updates galore, a couple of recipes, too

thank you to my followers who have stayed true after my little falling off the face of the earth phase. :) life has really gotten crazy lately- busy- in a good way! i thought summer would be more low key than during the schoolyear but oh man was i wrong or what...


a few updates:


summer...
  • is busy
  • i'm running a camp with a good friend for kids who are going into 1st grade (out of our home)- this week is summer safari- so fun
  • full time master's classes- hoping to graduate in december! :)
  • got a full time kindergarten position for next year at an amazing school that is 5 minutes from our house! :) :) so have been busy setting that up (pics to come!)
  • redoing our kitchen (PAINT!)
  • have had company twice, and have gone out of town twice
  • haven't gotten to try many new recipes due to the insane schedule- hoping to get on that soon! (suggestions?!)
  • went to go see BACKSTREET BOYS- with my bff from highschool- yes you heard me correctly. backstreet's back.
  • chris and i celebrated our 1 year anniversary on june 27th!
that is just a general overview of summer! and now for some picture updates.

my bff and i along with 2000000 other 20-something girls at the BSB concert

happy 1 year to us!

scout is 13 months!

trip with the family to big cedar lodge at tablerock lake in MO (chris and i with my wonderful grandparents)

big cedar- gorgeous

best friend from SC and her boyfriend visited- us all at jackstack BBQ on the plaza in KC

amazing spinach quiche for breakfast! (HIGHLY recommend!)

happy 4th of july! our fireworks got rained out but they did them on the 5th
(i made this cake with chocolate cake, cool whip free on the top, blueberries and strawberries- served with light mint choc. chip ice cream- YUM!)

again, please excuse my leave of absence! i am back! :)

megan

Tuesday Tag-Along

4 comments:

  1. I'm a tag-along from Tuesday Tag-Alongs :)

    I love your cake! So cute! And I love some BSB too! I'm extremely jealous you got to see them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm following from FMBT - hope to see you at Dropped Stitches!

    xo Erin
    droppedstitches72.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pics! So glad we got to spend time together this summer! Miss you already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!!!
    Stopping by to let you know I have moved to a new domain. You can see me at www.nothingbutfabulousity.com
    I have numerous giveaways, polls, and contests. Here is the sad part, with my move it appears I have lost all my comments. So if you have entered into anything I actually need you to zoom back and re-comment. If you havent entered into any of them, what are you waiting for? Get your butt over there!! HA!
    Site is under construction so please be patient.
    Stay Fabulous
    Chara
    www.nothingbutfabulousity.com

    ReplyDelete

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)