Well, I'm glad someone in this family gets to lay by the pool this summer. :)
So for the semi-grand revealing of my classroom- i worked today from 9:30-6:00 on this room and am finally feeling like I'm making progress. The library area is completely done- yay! The rest of the room I'd say is about 80%. Getting closer!
books labeled by categories- stand up bookshelf is theme books (right now I have beginning of the year stories)
listening center- now i just need to find a cheap CD player!
the whole library area (and all-Kindergarten storage)
My "Safe Seat" next to my desk (you don't want to end up here)
For all you teachers/parents out there- this idea comes from Becky Bailey's Loving Guidance theory- I'm reading her book, Conscious Discipline
Coming together- slowly but surely! :)




Hi there, I found you on social parade. Cool blog. The classroom looks awesome! You've done a great job.
ReplyDeletewww.aspiringmillionaire.com
Megan I totally get the whole temperature being horrible, the air in the salon had been broken for weeks and all of us stylists were dying! I wish someone would have brought US a fan!
ReplyDeletelooks great Megan! Love the classroom library especially! I haven't even started and will definitely have a full week of work next week :-) love the calming down icons on the safe seat- any idea where you got those?
ReplyDelete~Jamie Kahm
It looks just great...especially that Eric Carle mobile!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHi, I'm a new follower! I'd love to have you visit me at http://becauseitsfuntowin.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeletelove that pic of your dog! so cute.
ReplyDeletenew follower from NFF.
xx
Looks great! I am a new follower from Social Parade. I love your blog! I look forward to reading more! I hope you will visit and follow me too! Have a wonderful Friday! www.livingonloveandcents.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteHeyy! I'm a new follower from New Friend Fridays! Just wanted to stop by and say hello! & Your classroom is super cute! The idea of a Safe Seat is a really good one. Please check out my blog!
ReplyDeleteHttp://yourworkistodiscoveryourworld.blogspot.com/
What a neat classroom...you should be very happy with your progress!! :)
ReplyDeleteVisiting you from Friday Follow.
I hope you are having a blessed day!!
Feel free to visit and follow either or both of my blogs:
Jessicas Lil Corner-our family blog: http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com
So Stylilized-FREE Custom Blog Designs: http://sostylilized.blogspot.com
You have done such a great job with the classroom! It looks great...I wish I was a kindergärtner in your class!!! :) Can't wait to see the finished product - it'll be great!!!
ReplyDeleteOlathe does the safe seat thing! LOVE your room, can't wait to see it in person!! :)
ReplyDeleteMy dog does that same thing...except he moves around on his back to scratch it. It's funny.
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures of your room!!
Love your classroom, I used to love that part of the year getting everthing organised for the beginning of another year - hope the temp is kinda to you when the kids start - our first three days last year were 42'c! Icypoles for lunch!
ReplyDeleteFound you on New Friend Friday!