So work officially began last Friday- new teacher training (since I'm new to the district). It's been an exhausting week of meetings, presentations, lectures, rules, and a whole lot of inspiration. So for all you teachers out there... Here you go! The first link is to the Story of the Starfish- everyone should watch it, such a neat story.
Story of the Starfish
Second, I have gotten to know my staff... well, really just today but also from being in my room working the month of July. I could not ask for a nicer or more welcoming staff.
Third, Chris and I rented The Ron Clark Story tonight. Amazzzzzing movie- about a teacher who moves to inner city New York to teach the lowest and most behaviorally challenged group of 6th graders in the school. It stars Matthew Perry and is a must see. I tried to include a picture but blogger won't let me upload it for some reason so sorry about that.
Ron Clark is also the author of the book The Essential 55 which I now plan to read... after I finish my other 20 books in my pile!
Happy Weekend Everyone!
PS: To all you fellow teachers out there who have started school, how's it going?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You should also check out Freedom Writers.
ReplyDeleteIf you like reading, you should check out "The Courage to Teach" by Parker Palmer and "Teaching as a Subversive Activity" by Neil Postman.
Good morning! You have been awarded an Amazingness Award!
ReplyDeletehttp://thecaffeinatedteacher.blogspot.com/2010/08/amazingness-award.html
I love The Ron Clark Story. I was looking to see if it was coming on TV anytime soon. I have Freedom Writers recording tomorrow. It's on MTV, but I can forward thru the commercials! Waiting for Dangerous MInds, and then I'll be all set!
ReplyDelete