so the semi-final classroom reveal!
i spent another lonnnggggg day in my class, with AC this time- yay! most everything is done minus the small details (labeling all the kids stuff, etc.) so it's "finished" but it never truly will be. :)
* i also need to figure out something cute for the kids to put their stuff in in the middle of the tables- ideas?
and now for the tour!
my desk area, the safe seat, fridge, etc.
the front door (please excuse the random snowman and stuff on the floor, that was left from the previous teacher- trying to rehome) :) rycling box, attendance center, line up song
close up of my attendance system- the cookies are magnetic and i'll write the kids' names on them when i have my final list. the cookies will be on the wall (the wall's magnetic) and they will be responsibly for moving their cookie onto the baking sheet each morning. :)
whole room view- im sure some of my tables will be closer to the center- haven't figured out how to work this space yet.
close up of the calendar area- our class rules ("i care rules"), daily schedule, pledge, ice cream days of school (we add a new scoop for each day of school 'til the 100th day then we'll have an ice cream party), calendar, weather, counting the days of school with straws/place value, months of the year, etc. it's a busy place! oh! and the care bear- he will be part of our class meetings and if someone is having a rough day, he/she can borrow the carebear.
library/listening center again- and what's in that big box? SMARTBOARD! :)
birthdays and the tooth fairy tracker- big books below, i spent forever categorizing these into math, reading, science and social studies- they are separated by rulers with each subject attached to the top
the right side of the room- the two cabinets have all the kids supplies in them in tubs (they will each have their own tub) and the other cabinet is for puzzles, games etc. the blue table is for small reading groups.
and this concludes our tour! or unless until i decide to change things again or add- which all teachers know is a continual process. :)
countdown to kindergarten: 16 days!


I love your cookie sheet check in...that is adorable!
ReplyDeleteLooks like so much fun! May I be in your class. Kindergarden is the BEST!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the cookie sheet check in too.
New follower from TTA.
Hope you can stop over and see me before school starts.
heather
Comin' over from TTA. I commend for being a kindergarten teacher. I would never have had the patience.
ReplyDeleteLOVE the room Megan!!! You are soooo creative with all of those details and cute little ideas with calendar, attendance, ice cream scoops, etc. :) Love it!!! Can't wait to see it in person!!!
ReplyDeleteCan you believe you only have 16 days to go? Nicely done classroom. Have a terrific first day. I'm sure we'll have an update, right? What kind of stuff will they be putting in the middle of the table? Are you thinking a box of some type?
ReplyDeleteHi! I work at a pre-k in Ny. I love your room. It is warm, cheerful, and organized. We have a tree with the kids name on leaves that we use for attendance but I love your cookie idea.
ReplyDeleteFun! I can't imagine how much organization all this took!
ReplyDeleteIt's all so cute and fun. I'd love to hang out there! I could have used that Care Bear earlier in the week...
ReplyDeleteStopping by from New Friend Friday!