I don't use seasonal things for my centers, because mine are all literacy skill based. However, in October I love to have the kiddos practice sequencing how a seed becomes a pumpkin. Maybe your little ones could glue pictures in order. That way it's science related (life cycle), but also a reading skill (sequencing). P.S. I'm sure you already know about it - but have you been to www.kellyskindergarten.com? She has SO many good ideas for kindergarten, and LOTS of printable things. Might save you some work/time!
Hi Megan! Coming by to share some love! My computer won't let your blog page open, so I have to wait til I can get on my hubby's! I don't have any great center ideas. I am probably one of a handful of teachers who hates centers! Sorry! They have never been my thing. I have activities for my kids to do when their work is done, but not fun cutesy cneters!
Thanks for checking out my blog! I am trying to write more every day, but some days I am exhausted!
Hello from Kansas City! Chris and I had our first baby, Peyton, in August 2014 and are documenting our adventures as new parents for our friends and family here. Enjoy! :)
I don't use seasonal things for my centers, because mine are all literacy skill based. However, in October I love to have the kiddos practice sequencing how a seed becomes a pumpkin. Maybe your little ones could glue pictures in order. That way it's science related (life cycle), but also a reading skill (sequencing).
ReplyDeleteP.S. I'm sure you already know about it - but have you been to www.kellyskindergarten.com? She has SO many good ideas for kindergarten, and LOTS of printable things. Might save you some work/time!
Hi Megan! Coming by to share some love! My computer won't let your blog page open, so I have to wait til I can get on my hubby's! I don't have any great center ideas. I am probably one of a handful of teachers who hates centers! Sorry! They have never been my thing. I have activities for my kids to do when their work is done, but not fun cutesy cneters!
ReplyDeleteThanks for checking out my blog! I am trying to write more every day, but some days I am exhausted!
Just came across your blog - very cute! Looking forward to hear more about your adventures teaching the kindies!
ReplyDelete