September Centers:
Ohhh centers. So many ways to do them. I have 8 centers for 22 kids, 2-3 kids per center.
My centers are reading, writing, math, science, social studies, listening, computers, and art.
These baskets are from Really Good Stuff and work great for centers. Here's the link:
Math Center:
Students cut out worms, match and glue them so they are "coming out of" their matching apple.
Writing Center:
This is really challenging for most of my kids- kids glue paper to red background and copy my writing/color pictures. Works on spatial sense and handwriting.
Art Center:
Kids tear paper (fine motor) to create the trunk and leaves/tree of their apple tree. They use their fingers to paint on the apples.
Reading Center:
Each student has an apple puzzle in a ziplock they put together, color, glue, and trace the sentence below.
Social Studies:
The kids create a stoplight, emphasizing safety. I had a parent cut out all the circles but if I did this again, I would have my students cut out their own circles. This center wasn't quite long enough and I'd rather them work on their cutting skills when possible.
Science Center:
We have read many stories about the apple's life cycle. This is a sequencing activity.
Random Management:
Daily schedule- students flip over activities as we complete them.
Math Focus board- I have one for reading, too!
Handwriting log- something new I'm doing this year. I found this PDF online. Let me know if you'd like it!
I hold these up or put them on the Elmo to indicate voice level. We have learned that green voices are at recess, yellow voices are indoors, and red is silent. The kids also know that green feet are for outside, yellow are inside, and red are not moving. They love this!


How adorable! Sometimes I see these cute things that you get to do in the little grades and wonder if I would like teaching those grades without the intense pressure of the standardized testing.
ReplyDeleteSend me your email and I will send you Pete the Cat from Deanna Jump. :-)
ReplyDeleteI love the signs with green, yellow and red! Can you email me or send me the link to print those? I am a new follower and love your blog!!
ReplyDeleteMandybcollins80@yahoo.com
I love the idea of the handwriting log, and would like to use the printable with my Kindergarten class. I can't seem to find the PDF online, so I am wondering if you can email it to me at kellymetcalfe@shaw.ca. Thanks so much.
ReplyDeleteI think the ideas you have for the kids are already well organized. I am looking forward to seeing more I have a 5 year old with Autism so I feel like I learn about new activities for him.
ReplyDelete