I woke up today with a full blown cold- lovely. Probably a let down from the past couple weeks of report cards and conferences. No cold was going to stop me today. :)
We started the afternoon with my parents at the Louisberg Cider Mill- so fun. Fresh apple cider, cinnamon apple doughnuts, and good ol' hoe-down music. Nothing gets stuck in your head like "Blue Waterrrrr....blue waterrrrr....." The weather was perfect and the people-watching was even better.
We then came back to watch KSU get beat by OU (bummer). I took a nap and attempted to get some general rest to kick this cold. We then had yummy chicken mediterrainean (spelled wrong, I know) pizza and did our annual pumpkin carving. Let me say that the competition this year... was intense.
The deal shopper that I am found our pumpkins for $2.50 each at Aldi's (goodness how I love that place). Mine was so big I could hardly get it out of the crate.
Mine before
I've always done either a Wildcat or a face I make up- but not this year. I decided to put Scout's face on my pumpkin and let me tell you- that was no easy task. Gutting a pumpkin that weighed close to 10-15 pounds took forever and then the carving was tedious and quite the challenge.
Mine after! :) (woof on the side)
Chris and Dad had different ideas of what quality pumpkin carving looked like- Dad went for the traditional "Jack" with the knife and Chris did a skull with the power tools- whatever floats your boat I say.
Chris's
"Jack" (who comes back every year since at least 1987) :)
The trio- whattya think?
A very fun day- ended with scary movies and VapoRub. Thank goodness for that stuff.



No comments:
Post a Comment
your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)