Friday, June 29, 2012

Owl Lanterns on the cheap!

For anyone who follows my blog, you may know that I have a slight owl obsession when it comes to my Kindergarten classroom.  I saw an idea on Pinterest a month or so ago and finally got around to making these little suckers tonight.


The inspiration:


My horrible pictures taken via cell phone:

These pictures do not do these adorable little things justice!!


All you need are some lanterns (these I got from the Dollar Tree for a buck a piece), scrap book paper, and hot glue.  The girl from the owl at the top used buttons for her eyes which was darling- I just used plain ol' Sharpie.  They'll be hanging high in my classroom so no one will see anyways. :)

Can't wait to hang them up!

Total cost: $3 (lanterns $1 a piece and the rest of stuff I already had! Great project for scrabook paper scraps!)

2 comments:

  1. I love your owls!! So cute! I saw that idea on Pinterest awhile back and have been considering making them with my class when we study owls--I just need to find a package of really small lanterns for a reasonable price!
    ~Meredith
    Keen on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely adorable! love this idea!

    ReplyDelete

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)