It's when I think time is going slow that I realize it's going faster than I think- I feel like we just found out little bean was a girl but that was 3 weeks ago now! Crazy.
So let's see... updates, updates...
Behold the PRE new carpet pics! This was a fun morning- carpeters arrived at 8:30 a.m. as Chris proceeded to start his lovely stomach bug. Poor guy spent the morning in a ball on the couch on the screened in porch as we were banished to that part of the house with all the construction going on. It turned out great and we couldn't be happier. Our room, the guest room, small patch in the guest bath, and baby room were redone. Much needed and makes the house looks updated and CLEAN!
Baby room with new carpet and curtains hung! Thank you, Chris!
Nothing on the shelves is set- we're just putting stuff around randomly. If you know my Sparky, Snuffles, and Libby... they have taken up temporary residence on the lefthand shelves. :) They're excited to start their 2nd childhood revival with the 2nd generation.
Started hanging clothes...
Our bedroom with new carpet- woohoo!
Guest room with new carpet-.... even more of a woohoo! No more evidence of the explosive diarrhea episode of a former petsitting client.
And now the big reveal... oh my. Chris took this tonight and it made me realize that I've been in a little bit of denial over the growing stomach region.... granted this is after a BIG dinner but still. She is making her presence known.
Now if you're thinking... "Wow, Megan- do you not wear regular clothes anymore?" My answer to you is "Why yes, I do- but I reserve them for work only and immediately convert to comfy attire the second I set foot in our house at night." No maternity clothes yet... thank goodness for the low rider trend I guess, right? At my last appointment (2 weeks ago) I had gained 3 lbs at 20 weeks. That is probably the last weight update I will share. :) I'm feeling really great- still tired but nothing like before- am currently getting over a nasty upper respiratory illness that struck Sunday/Monday... have been out of work a lot this week. :( Other than the illnesses around here, I'm doing great!! So thankful. I eat a lot- but that's not really new either.
Other Baby Girl news...
- Furniture is ordered! Can't remember if I've written about that. Should be in late May/early June. Let the wait begin... we got the crib, long dresser (no hutch), and a nightstand (not pictured). Love it.

- Movin' and GROOVIN': She is on the MOVE!! :) That silly "anterior placenta" definitely dulls things a bit and puts a little buffer especially between her and her Dad- who does not like that. He did get to feel her for the first time about a week or so ago- very cool. She tends to get shy when he tries to feel her then resumes her beat boxing and drum routine that reminds me of this great BBC video clip:
- I will be 22 weeks tomorrow and go in for another doctor appointment on April 23rd! Excited to hear little girl's heartbeat again.
- We REGISTERED.....!!! AHHH! I don't know which was more overwhelming.... wedding registering or baby registering.... Chris was using his thinking cap and suggested we go in on a weeknight rather than the madness of the weekend with every other expecting clueless couple. We were there for two hours... maybe more.. on a Monday night and got through a big chunk of our registry, closing down the silent store at 9 p.m. Slept well that night. Went back last night to wrap the rest of it up. We now have almost everything complete between Amazon.com and Buy Buy Baby.

This is how I felt when we were at the bottles/feeding/nursing section. Pretty much sums it up.
In closing... things are movin' around here at the Coffey house! Chris's job is going great, managing a new team of lab consultants and my job is going well, too- 6 more weeks I think. I start teaching my grad class at Baker May 7th so those will be long days but looking forward to getting back into it. Scout is doing well, poor dog doesn't get shout outs much these days. Better he resume his new place in the pecking order sooner than later. :)
Stay tuned for more! Baby C sends her love from down under....



ahh I haven't read any blogs in a while :( BUT I just quickly caught up on your last few posts - love love LOVE!!! Ahh!! First of all - shut up - it looks like you ate a second helping of dinner. HOW are you 22 weeks??? That's insane. And that nursery?? PERFECTION!! Those builtins are soooo gorgeous...the wall color is amazing, and the chevron curtains...love allllll of it!! Seriously so excited for you!!!!! :) :) :)
ReplyDeleteLove your blog!! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThe anterior placenta is the pits!!! I'll probably regret saying this, but I really wish I felt him more!!
ReplyDelete