Helllooooo baby bump!
Yep, there she is. I can't believe I'm typing a 32 week (technically 32 weeks and 2 day) update. Insane. Where has this time gone!?!
Below are some amazing pictures my mom's friend and one of the hostesses took at my absolutely lovely shower from last weekend. It was seriously so nice- can't say enough good things or tell the hostesses how much I appreciated everything enough! They went with a children's book theme- very appropriate! And too darn cute.
My mom and I :)
Shower favors- darling little bookmarks
Thank you gifts I made for the hostesses (Bath and Body soaps)
My best friend from college, Lindsay (Sherbert, now Murphy) and I with her newborn, Baby Max! Below was us at her shower in May. Trading places! So fun to share this experience with her.
My adorable flower girl from our wedding, Lauren, and I. She's going into 7th grade now! So special to have her at our wedding and now my shower. She was super helpful sitting next to me bringing over gifts etc. So fun to have her there.
Baby C getting seriously spoiled
Everything was adorable- lots of chalkboard themed things which I love
Everyone filled one of these out and it was turned into a book for us.
This past week, we spent a few days at my mom's cousin's lake house with just our family and it was delightful. So relaxing and much needed. You'd think with it being summer and me not working full time that I would be relaxing- well... you would be wrong. :) I needed a vacation from my vacation.
We got home from the lake yesterday and turned around and headed down to the Plaza to celebrate our 5 year anniversary! (was on Friday the 27th) Chris made us reservations at the InterContinental because I am obsessed with staying in hotels for some reason. :) As we checked in, they upgraded us to the concierge level that included complimentary happy hour in their lounge with appetizers, dessert and coffee later in the evening, and a wonderful breakfast this morning. Our room was amazing- complete with 2 bathrooms! Hard to decide which one to use! lol We enjoyed a delicious dinner at PF Chang's followed by some shopping/walking around- gorgeous evening.
Beautiful view of the Plaza from the lounge.
We were sent champagne to enjoy after Baby comes.
It was such a fun weekend and way to celebrate 5 years of marriage. Can't believe it's been 5 already! And 9 together total in the fall. I feel so fortunate to have Chris in my life and to have him as our little girl's dad. He has been nothing short of amazing not only through our pregnancy thus far but our marriage altogether. Lucky, lucky girl here. And baby. :)
And below some pics just for fun!
Got that carseat installed! Now onto the fire dept. to make sure it's correctly installed. lol Apparently 85% of carseats aren't put in correctly. Interesting, huh?
We interviewed a pediatrician and loved her! Yay!
Chris and Scout going through all of our wonderful gifts.
Her room slowly coming together...
(look at all of those books- yay! happy teacher here)
Her crib- sheets from my mom, as well as a special delivery of 'tweet sheets' from my good friend, Erin, in Boston.
Closet coming together.... went on another container shopping spree. Love organizers. Should probably find a support group for this sort of addiction.
Other 32 week updates for you:
- So fortunate to still be feeling great. My energy is super, not uncomfortable (I have my moments but overall feeling well). Up once a night for a bathroom break but sleeping really well. No crazy dreams... yet.
- Going in to my dr. every other week now- go in Tuesday and am going to ask if she has an idea of how big our little bean is.... not sure if I want to know the answer to that or not. :)
- We have our preadmission appointment at the hospital tomorrow night to do paperwork, as well as our hospital tour.
- All baby classes (breastfeeding, infant care, and childbirth) are scheduled for July.
- The ravenous hunger has returned with a vengeance- when I get hungry, move out of my way....
Can't think of anything else right now! Will try to update more often as we get closer here.... 8 weeks to go. AHHH!! Start saying your prayers! Thanks for reading and for thinking about our growing family. Check back soon!





















Megan! You look great! I love staying updated through your blog. The baby's room is adorable. I'm so happy you are feeling great and able to enjoy your last summer as a party of 2!
ReplyDelete