This is my beautiful, beloved car that I have loved the past 6 years...
This happened yesterday. Without going into too much detail, I was driving probably 40 mph following a car infront of me- the light turned yellow, she slammed on the brakes, and I hit mine- car locked up, and cruised into the back of her SUV- resulting in this mess. It's probably totalled, and it makes me sick. :( Thank goodness she and I are both okay, I just have some pretty major whiplash.
It's so silly to become so attached to a car... but I am. I'm hoping that if it's totalled (which we're 99% sure it is), that I will love our new car just as much. Ugh.
Anyways- moving on. Planning our menu for the week (going for a NO cat food week..)
Tonight: Brown Sugar Meatloaf
Monday: Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
Wednesday: Having friends over and will make my mint oreo ice cream cake :)- left overs for dinner
Thursday: Out with friends
Friday: Dinner @ Mom and Dad's
Saturday: Heading to the BEACH! :)
Have a wonderful week... spirng break here we come!





Oh poor Megan and poor car! Do get some rapid (and thorough!) treatment for the whiplash, so it doesn't cause you great agonising pain for a long time in the coming months and years!
ReplyDeleteI hope you find a new car that you love as much as your pet one...
Hugs to you XXX
oh my word...I'm SO glad you're OK!! That's SO sad about your car though....but the most important thing is nothing worse happened :(
ReplyDeleteSo thankful to hear you are ok and that it wasn't worse. I'm sure you will find a car you love just as much. :) Ironic, I planned the same thing for Monday's dinner! :) Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you...and then some fun! Praying for your healing and strength!
ReplyDeleteHi again, I don't have your e-mail address, so I thought I'd leave another comment here. Thanks for visiting my blog - I hope you enjoyed the photo story!
ReplyDeleteAs for whiplash; I had a fall, about 3 years ago, where I landed very heavily on my tailbone and did have something similar to whiplash - a kind-of siezing up of the top of my spine, just below my kneck. My back shifted about and trapped some of the nerves in my kneck & upper back, which caused severe pain in my shoulders, kneck and arms - especially on the left side. It went on a long time and I was unable to lie down to sleep, couldn't drive for a couple of months etc. I'm quite ok now, so long as I don't overdo stuff like computer time (or bookbinding/papercrafts!).
At the time, I didn't go to my osteopath, as I had no symptoms of trouble, other than some initial stiffness. It wasn't until after my next regular check-up, some weeks after the fall, that I had problems. (This wasn't because the osteopath did anything wrong btw, I forgot to tell her about the fall, so she shifted everything back to normal, without knowing that anything had happened where she'd need to be careful!) Anyway, I woke the next day and couldn't get out of bed, because everything had shifted overnight and pinched the nerves. It took many months of treatment to settle it all down again and fix the muscle damage. I still have some problems with stiffness in my left arm and hand (sometimes I throw stuff by accident!), but I'm pretty much ok now.
So, my point was that it's as well to go and get checked over (osteopath or chiropractor I think) - telling the practitioner what has happened - to avoid future issues, where things sieze up. Your body can "store" a problem and it can pop up at some future point - something small could trigger it, like twisting to look behind you, stubbing your toe, stumbling over the cat etc. Have a thorough check now and get any treatment you need, so you know you are fine. They may give you exercises for your muscles - those are well worth the effort too.
Good luck!