Tuesday, June 3, 2014

28 weeks and counting...

Lots of little life updates to share from the Coffey House. :) Enjoy the picture show...
My Aunt Sandy arranged a little get together with her long time friend, Patty, and her daughter, Mallory, who I've known since college- and my mom ad I. We're due a few days apart- she with a boy and us with a girl.  Sandy even had little cookies made- not only were they adorable but they tasted amazzzinggg... :) 


My best friend from college, Lindsay, had her baby shower in May in Junction City. My mom and I drove out for it and had a great time. Lindsay is an amazing friend who I don't know what I would do without.  She has been my go-to for all my baby related questions.


Baby Boy Max Murphy, Lindsay, me, and Baby Girl C.

The Schultes, dear friends of ours from college, had their second little one- Anderson- and we got to go meet him! Just as precious as their first, Ella. So weird holding something that we're going to have... so hard to believe. Totally not getting it still. :) 

On the left- Abby and PJ's wedding (Abby is a good friend of mine from school who teaches 5th)- was a fun night with friends from our Indian Valley Staff.

On the right, Scouty Boy turned 5 (can you believe it?!) on June 2nd.  We had his 5 year check up in the morning then stopped by his grandparents where he was spoiled with a little homemade biscuit treat.  He got a frozen bone toy from his loving parents that he has enjoyed- outdoors only. :) Something to keep him cool! And chew, of course.

Speaking of his 5 year check up, our wonderful vet who just got married to an anesthesiologist was so excited that we're expecting- gave us her cell number to call when we head to the hospital in August so that her new husband can give me a little extra special treatment and come up to do my drugs even if he's not working! How nice is that? 


And the big goodbye- which still doesn't feel real. And probably won't until the fall.... 

Got everything cleared out thanks to my parents and Chris- and 2 days of work on my own boxing up the past 6 years.  Flew by. Going to miss it but know with my whole heart that I'm doing the right thing.


"Mr. Haner" doing one last mystery reader visit with my class. 

Scout is surrounded and confused- and not impressed apparently by his facial expression. lol He likes spending time in his new little sister's room- his toys tend to collect in the middle of her floor as he takes them there to chew. 


My good friends at school/team threw me a darling shower for our little girl.  From left to right: Kati, Allison (1/2 day K), Andrea, Julie, me, Abby, Megan, Melissa, and Christy (full day K with me)



Thank you gifts I made for the hostesses

My big gift from the staff was our amazing BOB stroller! :) SO excited and appreciative. They also gave us the handlebar console (separate) and our bouncer- according to my mommy friends a bouncer is "how you shower" once your baby is here. lol 

And finally, the beautiful furniture we ordered back in February (thank goodness we ordered it when we did!) arrived! We picked up the nightstand by ourselves and then Chris went back with our neighbor, Caleb, to get the dresser and crib. They are PERFECT! Couldn't be happier.




Now onto the decorating!

Other random updates...
  • I started prenatal yoga tonight with my friend, Megan, who is due a week before us with a boy and lives in our neighborhood! There were probably 30 other pregnant girls in this class- insane. We have an unlimited "pass" for a month and may sign up to do another month in July.  
  • Went to the pool with Megan before that today (first official day of summer for me!) and sat in our maternity swim suits by the baby pool- very fitting, right? We were laughing about this time next year we'll be sitting by the pool but will be quite a bit more occupied...! Nice to have another "with child" person to go to the pool with! 
  • I'll be 29 weeks on Friday (INSANE!) and will upload another "belly pic." I've discovered maxi skirts and pretty much don't care to wear anything else... so comfortable. 
  • I'll start tutoring here soon- so far have two little boys I'll be working with. 
  • We're sending in our hospital pre registration paperwork and will schedule our registration meeting soon- will also do a hospital tour.  
  • We interview a pediatrician next week- that is so weird to me. Am I officially an adult? Let the denial continue....
  • I am feeling GREAT- so, so fortunate. Have had a few nights of extreme charlie horses in my calves that I thought I might need to visit the ER for (kidding) but WOW those things are rough! Sleeping great, feeling great, eating great- all is well with Baby C! Still measuring on track and my doctor is very happy with everything.
That's all I can think of at the moment- so nice to be on summer finally and have time to focus on the baby and our long list of to-dos! I will be going room by room in our house and doing some SERIOUS organizing. Nesting is definitely kicking in!  Check back later this week for my 29 week pic. Definitely a bump in the making.

6 comments:

  1. No baby bump pic??! :) -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoou hage tօ produce a dolzen articlws pertaining tо
    spider solitaire іn a ѕide range. Cut a few sourdough loaf оff bread
    and earn your favorite ѕub for a pack a meal. spider solitaire сomes in numerous variants ɑnd
    various level.

    Haave a loook аt my web blog - solitaire free download

    ReplyDelete
  3. If some one desires to be updated with newest technologies therefore he must
    be pay a visit this website and be up to date every day.


    Here is my page :: http://trading.Goldgrey.org/category/stock-trading/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wonderful material here which is more helpfull for me thanks admin, software crack

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello you have done so nice work. Well and responsive blog thank you dear admin well designed Keep it up thank you
    Regards:
    windows 10 loader

    ReplyDelete
  6. excellent and nice article i really appreciate you on great effort. when i visit than feel very happy to read it.
    Magix Music Maker 2016 Crack

    ReplyDelete

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)