Sunday, July 20, 2014

35 Weeks! AHHH!!

I know I've probably started every post like this but... I can't believe we're at 35 weeks already?! Where has this time gone?! Is this how fast it goes when the baby is actually here? Not sure I can handle that.  

 (To the tune of "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..")..   It's beginning to look a lot like BABIES...... everywhereeee you gooooo.... there's a swing in our family room, cloth diapers everywhere...

Did major laundry a couple weeks ago... the cloth diaper laundry was definitely a labor of love but they will be ready for her when WE are! We are starting her in disposables until we get in the swing of things.  Then we'll make the big switch and I'll probably despise laundry more than I already do. hehe :) 
Got her crib skirt ordered and put on- love it. So simple.  Also figured out her above the crib decor that I've been stressing over (Chris can attest to this..).  I made the pennant banner out of the same fabric as her mobile and will add her initial at the top- we bought it at Hobby Lobby and Chris painted it white.  I think it'll be great. :) 

And now for other life happenings....

While I slave away on a daily basis stressing (way too much) over my never ending baby to-do-list and extreme cleaning/organizing of the house.... Scout can be seen doing this. I like to call it rigor mortis. 

Scott and his absolutely DARLING girlfriend, Lydia, who we love- were in town this weekend.  We got to spend a lot of time with them which was great- last time before the Bean enters the world.  Pics below are from brunch at Harvey's (at Union Station in downtown KC).  


Love this. 
 Other weird Scout pictures- this was on the way to his grandparents before we headed to the Ozarks with our good friends, the Schultes. 
And another good picture of Scout's freeloading lifestyle choice. 

Our wonderful church small group threw us a lovely couple's shower at Tony and Lucinda's in Parkville, MO.  They have the most beautiful home and we had a great time.  We had a cookout and received the nicest gifts.  We are continually grateful and blessed to have this group of 6 other couples! We are the fourth 'baby' in the group.  


Rachael and her darling little girl, Mackenzie (oldest baby of the group!), Brittany (due in January!), and I.

Chris and I

The hostess and I! (Lucinda) :) 

Melissa,Megan (due the week before me!), Erica (and her adorable daughter, Madelyn), and Lucinda

Yum!

We did our last trip of the summer... and let's be real, for awhile- to the Ozarks with Jen and John Schulte.  We absolutely love this couple and hope to follow in their parental wisdom as they have 2 kids and are the masters.  In our opinion. ;)


Sweet Ella- turned 2 in March- we just love her. So excited to have a little girl!


Is this little girl sweet or what? Holding my hand.

Jen, Ella, Baby Anderson and I- and yes, we're wearing long sleeves! Crazy in July! It was gorgeous weather but a little chilly when you were on the boat.

Other Baby Updates:

  • We had our hospital preadmission appointment/tour.  It went well- the lady who did our paperwork was very nice but was OVERLY excited about us being there... everything was followed with an "OH YAY!" and clapping.  I was little anxious going anyways (being in a hospital in general- not my favorite place) and she kind of tipped my mental state over the edge. lol I shed a few scared/anxiety tears after we left the hospital and have been better since. Made things very real seeing them.  I told Chris that I want to get in... and get out. That is our plan. :) 
  • We had our childbirth class from 9-3 two weekends ago and it went really well!  It was held at the Cerner campus (we get free classes through Chris's work, so nice!) and was taught by a nurse.  It was good- very informative and not too overwhelming.  A lot of the information I felt like I had heard or read- nothing to new or anymore frightening than it already is/was. haha :) We still have our infant care and breastfeeding classes in the coming weeks.
  • Finally.... the fatigue hit this week. Pretty bad. Everything has worn me out. And if you know me well... you are aware that I don't have the time or patience to be tired. lol I am in touch enough with reality that when baby is here, I will in fact be tired and worn down- but I see no baby in this house so I see no reason to be a slug yet.  I've made small attempts to slow things down a bit but no real success there.  Also started feeling a little uncomfortable from time to time- shortness of breath (as I type, I feel like my oxygen numbers are probably super low), some back soreness, and just feeling, well- a little large.  Overall- happy mom here and still so grateful daily that this has been such an uneventful pregnancy.  
  • 35 week OB appointment went great- still measuring on track!  She's going to sneak us in for a 37 week ultrasound to get an idea of her size- yay!!! We didn't think we would get to see her again.  My doctor just does the 20 week anatomy scan so this was a nice surprise.  Chris will come to that and we're super excited. I will start going in weekly at 37 weeks. 
  • Nesting- is there is a support group for this? I have almost finished every room of the house... cleaning, purging, organizing, labeling, putting things in containers... you name it.  Chris has been a trooper and still agrees to live here and be married to me. Thank goodness. 
(Chris will tell you more...)

Well, I have been quite long-winded this post- if you're even still reading. lol I will update soon!  Countdown..... 2 weeks til full term..... 4 week til GO TIME! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)