Have you heard of Donor's Choose? What an amazing website and concept.
I've seen this on a few blogs and then heard about it again the other day at our school's Debbie Diller conference. The basic concept is that teachers can post projects of things they need for their classrooms and anyone in the country can donate. As I was browsing the site, it amazed me the number of projects that have been funded and that random people would just give to people they don't even know! Pretty cool.
Here's a link to mine- tell me what you think?



I have had 6 projects funded through Donor's Choose so far and have 3 currently up for consideration. Sometimes it is disheartening when it takes awhile to get your funding, but I have NEVER had a project that wasn't fully funded before the deadline. It's really awesome to be able to "talk" to your donors online too as they can post messages and you can respond. I really love Donor's Choose and my students have benefited from these projects SO much!
ReplyDeleteDonor's Choose is wonderful!
ReplyDelete