Teacher Summer To-Do List:
What's on your summer teacher-to-do-list?
My BIG goal for next year is the mystery of Writer's Workshop. This is something I attemped at this past year but did it in a disorganized fashion. I am excited to be getting my Writer's Workshop squared away and ready to go. As I make progress, I am going to try to learn HOW to post things on here! I am still such a beginning but I want to start sharing things I do- if I can figure it out. So here are some questions for you:
What's on your summer teacher-to-do-list?
My BIG goal for next year is the mystery of Writer's Workshop. This is something I attemped at this past year but did it in a disorganized fashion. I am excited to be getting my Writer's Workshop squared away and ready to go. As I make progress, I am going to try to learn HOW to post things on here! I am still such a beginning but I want to start sharing things I do- if I can figure it out. So here are some questions for you:
- Any tips on STARTING WW with Kindergartners?
- Any tips on organizing?
- Units of study?
- Do you convert your word files to PDF before posting on your blog?
- Any other advice for the newbie?


We actually had a training on it this year and it was super helpful. I can get you a copy of the info I have if you want...and I have a bunch of mini-lessons I can copy if you'd like!
ReplyDeleteAhhh I'd love that! Thank you so much!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with WW. That would definitely be a challenge with Kindergartners...I have a hard enough time with 2nd graders! I don't post files on my blog, but I would recommend making them into pdfs. They are easy to open and print...and you don't have to worry about the format changing (like if you have a different version of Word, for example). Also - I miss you! Don't work too hard this summer and take some time to relax. Hope to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteWW is something I always start out really strong with...and then something happens and it is something that falls to the side. I recommend reading the Lucy Calkins series! It was AMAZING!!! I do a lot of the things she talks about.
ReplyDeleteI would also love a copy of the notes!!
misspaxson@blogspot.com