Sunday, August 14, 2011

Lining Up Song Medley!

I had written a post awhile ago asking for your input on what songs you use when lining up- I can't explain the tune of this one that I used all last year but here are the words:

Are your shoulders standing in a row?
If they are, you're ready to go.
Straight and tall, stand just so-
Are your shoulders standing in a row?

And that was all I had! This year, I want to keep my little Kinders on their toes.  I'm going to either have the line leader pick a new song every time out of a bucket or something or pick a student who lined up nicely to pick one.  I've been on a hunt for other cute and fun songs and here's what I came up with!

If you missed my post before and want to contribute, please do!!

To the tune of Hokey Pokey:

I keep my eyes straight ahead


I keep my hands at my side

I keep myself very quiet as I walk right down the hall.
No one will hear us,

We will be so quiet.

That's how we walk in line

SHHHHHHHHH

No Tune:

Hands down,


Turn around,

Face the door,

And say no more.

Tune: Farmer in the Del


My hands are resting by my sides,

I'm standing straight and tall.

My eyes are front; my lips are zipped,

I'm ready for the hall.

Tune: Gilligan's Island


My hands are tight behind my back

I am standing very tall

I am quietly looking straight ahead

I am ready for the hall!


Tune: Doo Wah Ditty

Here we go just a walking down the hall

Singing doo wah ditty ditty dum ditty do

We're so quiet when we're walking down the hall

Singing doo wah ditty ditty dum ditty do

We LOOK GOOD (look good)

LOOK FINE (look fine)

See us walking in a line

Singing doo wah ditty ditty dum ditty do,

doo wah ditty ditty dum ditty do!

Line Up Chant
1, 2 Listen and do

3, 4 Face the door

5, 6 Fingers on lips

7, 8 Line up straight

9, 10 Let's begin.

Zip It



Lock It

Put it in your Pocket

I had a little wiggle


deep inside of me

I tried to make it stop

but it wouldn't let me be!


So I took out that wiggle

and I threw it like a ball (kids pretend to throw)

and now Mrs. Coffey knows

I'm ready for the hall!

hand on your hip and finger on your lip



feet on the ground and don't make a sound





(Tune: Do Your Ears Hang Low)

Are your eyes facing forward?

Are your hands behind your back?

Are you standing in a line?

Are you leaving any gaps?

Are you ready for the hall?

Does your behavior show it all?

Let's do the right thing.













2 comments:

  1. Thank you for including my line up song to the tune of 'Do Your Ears Hang Low'! You are so sweet!

    Blessings,
    ✿Marlana
    Lil' Country Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO cute! The "Doo Wah Ditty" one made me CRACK UP! If I was teaching a different group of students, I would SO do that! fun!

    ReplyDelete

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)