Sunday, August 21, 2011

Start of School Update



Well, friends- I am beyond pleased to report that the start of my school year has been nothing short than wonderful.  It's amazing to love every minute of my job again. (Background for those who do not know, I had a beyond rough year last year with my group- about 18 out of 23 pretty major behavioral issues).  This year, I have 21 students, one of those being a severly autistic little guy (who is a doll) who only is in the room for 15 minutes or so.  Having 20 kids for the majority of the day is a dream.

I wish I could post pics of my kids on here but just imagine 20 of the most adorable faces you've ever seen.  They are all so sweet.  I have a few stinkers, of course, to make me earn my money hehe but even they are pretty great. 

Story of the Week:  After lunch on the first day, the kids had some down time where they watched a Berenstein Bears video on the floor.  When it was over, I turned on the lights, they started to get up, and one of my little boys exclaims and points: "Look! There's poop on the floor!"

And yes... it was real poop.  One of my little gems decided to make a lovely deposit on the floor and I'm pretty sure I know who it was.  The funniest thing of all was after I cleaned it up, the kids went back to the normal routine and it didn't seem to phase them at all.  Kids are so funny- and gross, at times. ;)

We had a thre day week last week, all full days.  I'm hoping this week goes equally as great as the last!  Hope you've had a great start to your year.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Haha, this made me smile :) it was 'Welcome Miss Coffey poo' :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha poop?! Well that's interesting...let's hope the little kiddo doesn't make it routine! :)

    I can't wait to hear more about your dealings with your little kiddo with Autism...I'm sure you'll be great for him!

    So glad to hear you love your class!!! That makes such a huge difference!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How have I not heard that story until now? So funny! Yeah to a great school year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HHHHHAHAHAH that story made MY week!!

    ReplyDelete

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)