Friday, July 20, 2012

PVP Pipe Phonics Phones/Crate Seats

You would think that sinus surgery would knock a girl out- not I.

I am taking full advantage of my couch and lounge time to plan yet a few more classroom projects. :) Just keep that Hydrocodone comin'!

Project #1: Crate Seats

Does anyone else have this problem? During reading block, when my kids are at literacy stations, I'll call them over by groups for small reading group time. This also involves mass chaos of kids finding chairs to bring over to the kidney table. I found this tutorial off Pinterest that Chris is going to help me complete to help solve this problem (and add some serious cute-ness to my room, as well). :)




 How cute and functional are these?


I called over to Target today and put 6 of these white milk crates on hold for 3.49 a piece.

Now I just need to pick out some fabric and Chris will help with the powertool part. :) I'll be sure to post pics when they are completed!
 Project #2: Phonics Phones
I've always wanted a set of these for stations and small reading groups but have never wanted to shell out the who knows how much to Lakeshore/Really Good Stuff or any other over priced teacher stores. How easy are these to make? This is all you need and the video on the site shows you how to make them.
· 2 - 3/4" PVC pipe elbow joints
· 1 - 3/4" PVC pipe (purchase in 10' sections)
· Optional: decorative duct tape
Blog Hops Everyday Friday Blog Hop

2 comments:

  1. loooove both of these projects!! Those seats are WAY too cute!! Can't wait to see what yours look like! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the crate bench seats. So cute!! I am a teacher too. 4rth grade! I might have to make some of those myself. How hard is it? Glad I found you on the Friday Blog Hop! Reply at http://www.superherosandstilettos.blogspot.com Your site is great-just became your next follower!

    ReplyDelete

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)