Thursday, August 11, 2011

Finally! My Classroom TOUR!

So I'm a little bummed about the quality of pics I got with my lovely camera but that's okay :) It is definitely not done (please ignore random things on the tables) and nothing is labeled with kids names yet... but getting there!!

Welcome to Mrs. Coffey's room!! :)

entrance- not done yet :) still need to label owls and put them around the tree

reading tent

cubbies, toy storage, good manners bulletin board, birthdays, how we go home poster by the board, the tupperware containers are full of busy toys for quiet time after lunch (we alternate these with educational movies)

snack cabinet, turn in baskets, job board (adorable little owls go in the little huts!), tooth fairy tracker and shoe tying board

also new: noise management system, we'll see how this goes! it's to the left of the smartboard.

front of the room- new classroom mangagement system i'm trying- see: stoplight (going to have clothespins on it with kids names- wanted to do numbers but I don't think they'll be able to remember their class numbers so will have to resort to names- any other alternatives?)

calendar area, computer center, writing center, math focus wall

small group reading area, focus wall, reading tent, themed books on display

word wall!! (didn't use to have a wall in my classroom- we had an open classroom setting) so now I finally get to have space for a word wall!

classroom library

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT! I can tell you've spent so much time and you've done an AMAZING job! Your kids are going to love their room and I LOVE your organization! Hope you have an amazing class and an amazing year. :D

    http://coffeecupsandcrafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, what a wonderful classroom! I defy any child not to be thoroughly happy and learn loads in that room.
    You must have spent a lot of time on this - the hard work shows and it was so worth it! Well done to you.

    Oh, by the way, I like the idea of Names on the pegs... numbers are impersonal. When my DS was in infant school and nursery, they did use animals for each child's coat peg - perhaps you could put an animal picture on each peg, which begins with the same sounding letter as the child's name? So "Kathy has a Kitten", or "Joe has a Joey (or a Jumbo?!)", "Alfie has an Ant", "Dana has a Dog" etc etc... Might be a lot of work though, to think up all those animals - depending on the size of your group!

    I wish you a very happy and productive year with your new little class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your room! It's so big and cheerful! Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE these pictures!! So glad you shared them!! I am obsessed with your reading tent...soooo cute! Your organization and set-up look great! I really love that you have carpet in your room...we have these bright shiny YELLOW floors...the carpet's much more cozy and inviting :)

    I haven't been able to get into my classroom yet and it's KILLING me!! We had Easter Seals use our school during the summer...and now they need to wax the floors, so I can't get in for a little bit :( (The kids don't start until after Labor Day)

    Thanks for sharing your pictures for inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your classroom!! It's so cute, and I love all of your storage! I'm a new follower of yours, love your blog!

    http://firstgradewizards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love owls! I struggled back and fourth b/w owls and a jungle theme and the jungle theme won this year! I am going to do owls next year though. Your room is cheerful, well thought out and adorable.

    I would love for you to link up with my classroom pics blog hop

    http://pocketfullofkinders.blogspot.com/2011/08/tour-of-my-classroom.html

    Ms. Patterson
    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)