What you see here is a very sideways picture of Chris and I's feet and our wonderful dog last night watching the Doctors. Good times. I had my third sinus surgery yesterday and have been recouping very well since- so nice to have it overwith and not looming over my summer anymore.
Question: How do I get pictures from my phone to actually show up the right direction on here?
Anyways- I am due for an update! This has been the BUSIEST summer- I wouldn't say it's been the most relaxing, as I always seem to book literally every hour of my day. Not neccesarily a good thing.
- I've been tutoring 3 timse a week, 5 different kids- that's gone great and has been a nice little extra income to cover my crafting and Sonic Happy Hour drinks. :)
- We've been on a rampage cleaning, organizing, and decluttering our house (pics to come- working on the pantry, craft room, closets, etc.)
- I've been making all sorts of yummies off of Pinterest- many which I need to share on here with you!
- Crafting- did I alredy say that? I've had a few crafting "dates" with a good friend of mine and we have had a blast sewing and creating all sorts of fun things while having Dawson's Creek on the in the background. :)
- Exercising! Whew! I love summer when I actually exercise my poor deprived body. May try to keep this up during the schoolyear but who knows. We'll see who shows up on August 16th. That may be a deciding factor. :)
- Enjoying some good Teen Mom and other classic trash TV. I guess mainly Teen Mom. and I'm currently on season 3 of Dawson's Creek- never gets old!
- In the sloowww process of getting Scout certified as a therapy dog (certified to do visits to nursing homes, hospitals, etc.) through a group called Pets for Life.
Enjoy some pics from the summer!
made this pennant banner from crafting night- used this tutorial: click for tutorial
I made two and put one above my start board and one on the backwall.
clearly have a lot to do in here. :) Neverending...
Made some poof balls for the classroom...
Exercise! My usual eliptical overlooking our golf course- very relaxing. I've also been enjoying yoga, pilates, power pilates, you name it- however I am now on a sad hiatus with my surgery recovery... :(
MIRACLE at home recipe for stain remover- these are before and after pictures in our once-nice-looking guestroom. This was a stain that came from a dog we were petsitting that was VERY sick.... won't even tell you what this came from... but let's just say it's been there since May and I've gotten almost ALL of it out using the following:
1. Scrape up the liquid (I had already done this weeks ago).
2.
Sprinkle baking soda or cornstarch on stain to let absorb for 10 minutes and
then vacuum.
3.
Mix one tablespoon clear dishwashing liquid and one tablespoon white vinegar
with two cups of warm water.
4. Using a white cloth sponge the stain with the detergent/vinegar solution and blot
until all the liquid is absorbed.
5. Sponge off with cold water and blot dry.
5. Sponge off with cold water and blot dry.
I couldn't end this post without another Scout picture. This was on the 4th of July when he decided to go dumpster diving through the trash to see what goodies he could find. The Christmas Tree is a toy he high jacked from a petsitting client who was staying with us. :)
Stay tuned for the "crap/craft" room reveal! Almost done!












awww love getting these glimpses into your life this summer! Sounds like you've been busy, hope you're taking some time to relax too, especially with recovering from surgery! Snuggle with Scout for me :)
ReplyDelete