I am beyond excited to share my latest venture with you. As you know, I got a sewing machine from my grandparents for Christmas and have just recently had time to attempt to figure it out (thank you, snow days).
There are two projects I attempted at today: pacifier clips (will not be shown due to slight embarassment) and my beautiful... BEAUTIFUL pillow!!! I am smiling from ear to ear!
These lovelies gave me some trouble today- any tips?
so nevermind that project. :) I followed a tutorial I found via Google: PollyWantaCrafter and made some things up as I went (I cheated- I didn't sew all the petals, totally not there yet- I hotglued them all). :) Also- a shoutout to my blog friend, Christina, over at Christina's Adventures who inspired me to make a pillow of my own when I saw this beauty:
(that I ended up winning through one of her generous giveaways- thanks, Christina!) :)
So- the project. I got all my materials from JoAnn's- grey cotton fabric and ivory colored felt- and a form pillow (half off!)
I cut a bunch of felt circles, cut them in half, and glued them on (starting as an outside circle and working in)
front done!
and it's done! I had to follow a tutorial on how to make the pillow case- major newbie here. It's a 14 x 14 pillow- I followed this: Pillowcase Tutorial
DONE!!! :) :) It's not perfect- but I am in love with it.
Okay- ready for the next project- this is a culinary project. This recipe came from my friend Rebekah and it is to-die-for blueberry pie (and super easy, too!)
MMMMM mmm!!! :)
Well, considering it's going on midnight Kansas time- time for bed. I just couldn't resist sharing this asap. If you are interested in the blueberry recipe, let me know and I'd be glad to post it.
Thanks for reading! :)
Megan






YAY YAY YAY!!! It is BEAUTIFUL! I love it so much! I bet you're so proud of yourself :) I knew you could do it!! :)
ReplyDeleteWell done on your project's success -that is a lovely pillow. You must feel very pleased with yourself!
ReplyDeleteThe pie looks so yummy... I have never made (or eaten) blueberry pie - it's not a common dessert here. Maybe I should try one!
That pie looks INCREDIBLE!
ReplyDeleteWow Megan! Both the pillow and the pie look great. So I'm a bit inspired by your craftiness...I wonder if I could figure out a sewing machine???
ReplyDeleteVery impressive! Watch out Martha Stewart!
ReplyDeletefabulous pillow!!! looks like your sewing machine treated you well!
ReplyDeletelove the pillow. What tutorial/pattern were you using for the pacifier clipp?
ReplyDeleteI'd love the recipe!
ReplyDeleteThat flower pillow is beautiful! I'm a brand new follower. Can't wait to continue reading your blog.
ReplyDeletewww.theelephantstrunk42.blogspot.com