so yes, we had another snow day today. and rightfully so. the snow started coming down around noon yesterday and got worse and worse through the rush hour. car duty was insane outside trying to get all the kids into the cars with snow so bad you could hardly see! i quickly got my room picked up, packed some thigns for the snow day, and headed out by 4:40. it usually takes me about 7 minutes to get home- but oh no- last night? took me an hour and five minutes- if that tells you anything about the condition of the roads (or the drivers) :)
i've gotten a ton done around the house! slept in, watched the rest of the today show with my waffles, did some odds and ins for school (making some book bags, some tracing for a project)- did lots of laundry, cleaned the house, fixed chris's slipper (did some sewing-yay!), and..... ***DRUMROLL***..... I SHOVELED... the driveway!!! i wanted to surprise chris so he wouldn't have to do it again. i'm sure i did some other things today that i've forgotten- oh yes, watched freedom writers- love that movie.
didn't get any crafting done today- sad. but was very productive. here's an upcoming project:
not sure what i'm going to do with it yet. i want to learn how to make those fabric rosettes.
on the cooking front, tried a campbell's recipe: mozerella chicken
super easy and not bad- i was so-so on it but chris really liked it. i think it's the tomato soup that did it for me- not a huge fan.
chicken mozzerella with whole white pasta and sauteed zuchinni
scout loving the snow last night.
hope everyone has had a good thursday- tgif!! :)






I got 11 inches over here in St. Louis. I'd love to see the recipe for the Mozzarella Chicken. I have a cooking blog and I am always looking for new recipes.
ReplyDeleteStopping by from Social Parade on Friday.
April@Party of Five
http://www.westerhold.blogspot.com
Meals For Real
http://www.mealsforreal.blogspot.com
Stopping by from SPOF Hop. I am a new follower.
ReplyDeletehttp://megankayden.blogspot.com/
Yay! Another snow day for you!! There's a good possibility of a 2 hour delay at least for me tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteLove Freedom Writers too :)
Hey...here's a good tutorial on how to make those flowers!! http://www.google.com/reader/view/#search/flowers/1/feed%2Fhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.domestically-speaking.com%2Ffeeds%2Fposts%2Fdefault
I'm in the same boat as April. Also in STL and haven't been able to get out of my house.
ReplyDeleteFound you on Social Parade and I'm a new GFC follower.
Carli
http://www.grandmasguidetolife.blogspot.com
Hi! I am a new follower from the blog hop. I have taught pre-k for the past 4 years! Looking forward to reading your blog. Feel free to stop by mine! http://popsiclesandpigtails.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteHi, I am your newest follower :)I LOVE your snow day picture!
ReplyDeleteJust dropping in to let you know, I have a HUGE giveaway going on that ends tomorrow... worth over $400! Stop by if you can: We Don't Have It All Together Have a wonderful weekend!
I’m your newest follower from the blog hops. Hope you will check out my blog and follow me back. Thanks!
ReplyDelete-DP
Hip Chick's Guide to PMS, Pregnancy, and Babies
I also taught all day Kindergarten, what an adventure that was. I'm now following your blog from http://datssocute.blogspot.com. I hope you'll come by and check it out! Have a great weekend! BJ
ReplyDeleteTry this tutorial for wonderful fabric flowers - http://limegreenbogiegirl.blogspot.com/2010/01/made-in-flashest-of-flashes.html - super-easy!
ReplyDeleteAlso, maybe an idea (of sorts) or possibilities... http://www.lollychops.com/lollychops/2010/05/felt-flower-wreath.html
- Lolly is sooo funny.. and you need to scroll down a lot to see the finished project... but I just though you might like it!