Okay.. so for my faithful readers, whoever you are :)Remember this before shot from awhile ago- I was asking for advice on what to do with this blah room. Here's the before:
We got this rug from Target.
My handy husband is building 2 of these from scratch. Talented? I think so. Anyone know how to create a shabby-weathered look on wood?
Okay so here we go. NOT complete yet- and a big thanks to my mom and dad who helped us paint!
Not sure of the paint color- it's a grey something from Behr at Home Depot. We moved the coffee table out to create more space- what do you think? We'll end up getting 2 chairs or recovering the one you can see in this picture. Any other suggestions?
The white shelves Chris is building will go on either side of the couch and we'll have matching lamps on either side, as well. :)
Very cool tower style lamp- we're going to put special/old items on here. These are Chris's, minus than the old car that I got at an estate sale. :)
So whattya think?
Now onto a few Christmas pics. :)
I couldn't post a pic of these when I made them because I didn't want my brother/sister-in-law to see them. :) I traced my niece and nephew's hands and turned them into trees, sewed their names at the bottom with 2010. I loved them. Hope they did, too!
Husband and adorable nephew, Jonathan.
Is this not precious? His first Christmas- so glad I got to share it with him!
reading with my darling niece
family shot of the coffey fam
first Christmas away from home- a major success. :) Excited for Christmas with my family this year though for sure.
Grinch and Max for my classroom :) Thanks, Mom and Dad!
Is this not hilarious? (Granddad in the background) :) This was from Scott and my parents got me a mug to go with it- "Hide Yo Kids, Hide Yo Wife." If you have no idea what I'm talking about, PLEASE please please visit Antoinne at:
How was your Christmas/NewYear's?
OH! And I forgot to mention!! My grandparents got me a SEWING MACHINE for Christmas- awesome crafts here I come.If you have any suggestions of easy beginner projects, please share.




Ahhh I love the room make-over! The wall color is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAnd the t-shirt is too funny :) Glad to see you had a fun Christmas!!
That wall color makes such a difference and I love the rug! Great job. You're holiday looked great! XOXO
ReplyDeleteLove the room!! Looks beautiful. I also love all your pictures. thanks for sharing. hugz n blessings.
ReplyDeleteI agree with the others - the wall color rocks!! Great job!!!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I am going to have to steal your idea with the hand-tree - that is awesome :)
It's really on its way! I love the saturated wall color. Weathering the bookshelves sounds like a great idea, I bet it'll really compliment the walls. I found this DIY tutorial for whitewashing on design*sponge, maybe it's what you're looking for?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.designspongeonline.com/2010/09/before-and-after-basics-whitewash.html
I finally jumped into the blogosphere, so hopefully I'll be better about keeping in touch now! Happy New Year! :)
Oh I am originally from KC-Lee's Summit actually. My hubby is in school right now and if he found a great job we would move back in a heart beat.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to have meet you.
Cheri