I saw this on My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, a blog I follow and love. Isn't this cool? Gets me in the thrift store mood... we'll see.
So, apparently today is the Superbowl? For those of you who know me well, you know out of all the things in this entire world, football ranks probably at the dead bottom. Not a fan. I am a fan of the food and the socializing though, :) thus our party we're hosting for our church small group tonight- should be fun. I'm making my great Aunt Rosalie's purple power punch (gooo K-State!) and I can't wait. It is DELISH. ;)
Anyone else ready for summer? I keep thinking about all the things I want to do this summer... might go visit one of my best friends and fellow teacher, Magan, in Charleston (where our adorable godson lives)
On the menu for the week- it's "spring conferences" this week- anyone else's school like this? Interesting.
- Monday: Shrimp Scampi (also Kindergarten parent info night)
- 5-6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- 1/2 Cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 Serrano or JalapeƱo chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 Clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- Salt and peper to taste.
Simply combine all ingredients and mix well. let stand for at least 1 hour, or even overnight in the fridge. Remember, the longer the better. The flavors really get a chance to permeate throughout.
As an option, throw in some chopped avocado or jicama during preparation. And if you like it spicy like I do, use Habanero pepers (including seeds) instead of Serranos or JalapeƱos!.
For sweet salsas, simply replace the tomatoes with fresh fruit. You can add a little freshly squeezed orange or pineapple juice as well. Pineapple salsa made with Habanero chili is one of my favorites.




Mmmm I love Pico De Gallo. I haven't ever made it though! I'll have to save this recipe. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteThat is so cute! I make pico de gallo every summer when I can buy fresh ingredients locally. I actually make an ice cream bucket's worth because the family likes it so much. We call it "bucket 'o salsa!"
ReplyDelete