Wednesday, April 13, 2011

HOW do people make their blogs so CUTE?

I am feeling way boring and limited lately with my blog.


How do people...

  • Get all those options of things to click on at the top?
  • Make super cute banners?
  • Have pictures as links?
I could go on and on. I am feeling very primitive with my blogging and would like to take it to the next level! Maybe that's something to learn and set as a goal for the summer?

All you people with awesome blogs- how do you do it and how'd you learn?

5 comments:

  1. Pages....in your layout there should be an option for it. you know add a gadget:-)

    I paid someone...totally worth it! It was a bargain at $40 for what she did

    This is an awesome site that taught me a lot and helped me :
    http://sneakymommablogdesign.blogspot.com/

    Let you tell a little over a year ago...I didn't know WHAT a blog was....let alone a html code...I'm still learning and finding it faster and easier to write a blog post.

    It will came no one can do all that overnight unless you went to school for it or something...good luck:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found tutorials for making buttons, banners on different sites. http://www.somewhatsimple.com/2010/02/blogging-101-how-to-make-a-button/

    My Blog Makeover (new name Makin'Cute Blogs) is great for freebies. http://makincuteblogs.com/

    Link Within Widget adds thumbnails of related posts at the end of your post.
    http://www.linkwithin.com/learn?ref=widget

    Print Friendly offers the PDF print friendly button for your posts.
    http://www.printfriendly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just turned it over to Ladybug Teacher and she worked her magic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's some sites that have helped me do it myself: http://www.blogguidebook.com/ and http://733blog.blogspot.com/p/creative-ideas-from-seven-thirty-three.html (scroll to the bottom-ish of the tutorial page for great directions).

    Then I kind of messed up things on my blog...so I asked an expert (courtney)for help :) She did such an awesome job...and she's super sweet!! Also...you know how cheap I am...I couldn't find a cheaper person either!! :) http://notsohomemade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Trial by error. I just figured out how to link a picture to a link last week. Now, I've forgotten how to do it! Looks like the people above have given you some great links. Following you now from a Friday hop!
    Michelle
    http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)