anyone else like that?
urban dictionary defines a snow day as "a gift from God." haha :) i need to treat it this way!
our pastor's sermon this past weekend was aimed right at me- and at a lot of people in this go-go world. it was about slowing down and taking some time to breathe and do the things you enjoy. okay. well. most of the things i enjoy involve being out of the house so i will have to brainstorm things IN the house to do. if you are interested, check it out: http://www.cor.org/worship-sermons/current-sermon-series/ you can podcast/download his sermons and they are pretty great.
so what am i going to do tomorrow? i want to craft or cook something great but i'm not sure how that will happen with the husband taking the SUV to work. oh well. stay tuned. :)
and if you have any good ideas, please shoot them my way.



Today was a snow day here and I'm thinking that tomorrow may just be another one. I'm a weenie when it comes to driving in the snow/ice, so I embrace staying at HOME. Since it's a freebie day for you, why don't you play in blog-land and snag some amazing inspiration from all those crafty divas. I'm always in awe of what they create and COMPLETE. Have a fun day and stay warm! -diane
ReplyDeleteI definitely understand...especially with snow day #2. Usually I'm good for the first one...but I do all of my "snow day things" that first day which leaves me nothing for the second day!
ReplyDeleteGet some crafting done with things in your house...snuggle with your dog...make a dinner you normally wouldn't, and I'm sure you'll be back in school (wishing it was another snow day!) in no time :)
I couldn't imagine a snow day by myself! We had to get out of the house both days, but now I'm wishing I spent some time in my scrapbook room...
ReplyDeleteHi Megan! Thanks so much for visiting my blog, Twigs and Tulle! So glad you left a comment- which I then accidentally deleted after Blogger logged me out for the bajillionith time today! :)
ReplyDeleteYes, I'm in Kansas, right up the road from you at Ft. Leavenworth, though I don't tend to identify my town or school in the blog so my students and families have some anonymity. I'd love to come visit sometime!
Hope you've rested and relaxed during our snow days- I'm back to work tomorrow!
Michaele