Something new I want to try this year in my K room is having a variety of songs when we line up (or something to do each time). My group last year (for many reasons...) struggled with lining up.
I was reading Lil Country Kindergarten and read about her song she does for the hallway:
(Tune: Do Your Ears Hang Low)
Are your eyes facing forward?
Are your hands behind your back?
Are you standing in a line?
Are you leaving any gaps?
Are you ready for the hall?
Does your behavior show it all?
I was reading Lil Country Kindergarten and read about her song she does for the hallway:
Are you ready for the hall?
(Tune: Do Your Ears Hang Low)
Are your eyes facing forward?
Are your hands behind your back?
Are you standing in a line?
Are you leaving any gaps?
Are you ready for the hall?
Does your behavior show it all?
Let's do the right thing.
The one I did all of last year was "Are your shoulders standing in a row." It was cute and the kids would start singing it before I even prompted them.
"Are your shoulders standing in a row? If they are, you're ready to go. Straight and tall, stand just so, are your shoulders standing in a row?"
Any other ideas? I'd like to have a little bucket or something to pull from so it's different every time. What are any cute songs or tricks you do when your kids line up?



Do you know the song "I hear thunder"? If so, my son's K. teacher used this song, with words adapted to various situations in the classroom:
ReplyDelete"Are we ready?
(kids repeat/echo,
"Are we ready?")
"In a line?"
(In a line?")
"We're going to the Hall now."
(We're going to the Hall now.")
"It's Hall Time."
("It's Hall Time")
Getting the children to repeat the lines got them involved and they soon learned to line up as soon as the teacher began to sing. She had versions for lunchtime, going home, "carpet time" (sitting on the floor for stories or activities) and going out to play. It worked very well.
Hi Megan! I just found your blog and I'm a new follower! Thanks so much for including my song. :) Jessica at Under the Alphabet Tree said she was going to compile the songs she received into a file. I'll post a link when she has it available.
ReplyDeleteBlessings,
✿Marlana
Lil' Country Kindergarten
We sing
ReplyDelete"My arms are resting at my side,
I'm standing straight and tall.
My eyes are looking straight ahead,
I'm ready for the hall."
I'm singing the tune in my head...but I'm not sure what it is...I'll let you know.