I got up early and started calling down the list of podiatrists til I could find one that I could get in to see today. I found one right off the bat, and got into see him at 1:30.
Got ready, headed to school for 2 1/2 hours or so to do some more work in my classroom. The latest projects:
- putting the room back together in general
- pulling EVERYTHING out of themed file folders and putting them into labeled and organized themed binders- amazing! (i can't stand file folders for some reason)
The nurse had me have a x-ray (which I asked, "Is this neccesary?") and she assured me they do this to ensure there's no fracture or bone spurs. It came back clear, and it was confirmed that I do in fact have the oh-so-lovely plantar fascitis. I'm on a "strict" regime of icing, stretching, anti-inflamatory meds, muscle/foot creme, and just taking it easy. I of course asked him hesitantly if this silly foot would be better by August 17th (aka the Kinders enter...) and he said most likely. As far as exercise goes, he said just to take it slow and easy- so I will do just that tomorrow, by trying out the eliptical and yoga again. We'll see how it goes.
If all these things don't work, there's always amputation. :-D


I have the same problem! It usually happens when the seasons switch...so my shoes switch! To keep it from happening my doc said to strech my foot before I even get out of bed. I stretch it by having a can of vegetables and rolling it with each foot 10 times!
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain lady!! Hang in there...it will get better!
Kindergarten Is A Jungle