Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Scout's Rough Day :(


Our poor, poor baby.... what a day he has had.  This picture is of Scout when I got home from the vet. 

My friend, Laura, found a spot behind his ear today that was sticky (gross, I know), matted, and just weird.  So glad she found it because I immediately took him to the vet to find that he has an infected patch of skin.  Apparently dogs can get these from just a scratch that got infected (probably from the lake at the dog park/beach).  So long story short, we couldn't see his regular vet (who is AMAZING.. and he loves) and saw the other person who he was not having any of.  He was scared of the guy and even barked at him, totally unlike Scout.  For this reason ontop of his anxiety, they couldn't get the spot shaved to clean- so they sedated him.  Not fun.  I had to go back and talk to him to help him come out of the anethesia. 

From then on, this poor dog has been a zombie that acts like he's strung out on every drug on the planet.  His legs are like spaghetti and he is beyond depressed to have to wear the dreaded 'flower of death' to keep him from scratching. 

passed out.

He's on anti-itch meds and some antibiotics and hopefully he'll be back to good in no time.  Poor guy. :(

4 comments:

  1. Oh my heart breaks for poor Scout!! I'm so sad!! At least he's OK now...it's good you can be home with him for his recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart is breaking! I couldn't imagine watching my Shelby go through this, I am sending prayers for doggy happiness!

    Pinks My Ink

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww hope Scout is feeling better now. I took my dog to the vet yesterday and he also had to be sedated. He does not like being put on the table in the vet's office (he weighs 70 pounds), and we were trying to convince him to get on the table (they have one that lowers to the ground and then raises back up to the height the vet needs it to be) when he somehow cracked off one of his back toenails and cut the pad of his foot. The vet said he had never seen anything like it before. My poor boy ended up needing a couple stitches. It was not fun watching him wake up from the anesthesia - he was going back and forth sideways so much that I thought he was having a seizure! The vet told me that is normal though. My baby is feeling better today - hope yours is also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor Scout! That would be rough. I remember Hudson acting all droopy and couldn't walk with floppy legs when he came out of his neuter surgery. Hope he's back to normal in no time at all!

    ReplyDelete

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)