Thursday, May 20, 2010

easy bubble magnet tutorial!

ahhhh i apologize this has taken a few days to get posted! get excited though because they are C-U-T-E!

if there are any teachers out there... (or parents!) that know what the end of the school year's like, you will forgive me. :) 6 more days, i can't believe it.
here we go!
easy-peazy bubble magnets
                                      all supplies bought at michael's
supplies needed:
  • magazines/cute paper
  • glue gun/glue sticks
  • modge podge (i've found that elmer's works fine, too)
  • dragon tears
  • strong magnets (3/4 inch, you can get them bigger)

Step 1: cut out paper to the size of the magnet (look for small but cool/artsy parts of magazines/ads- they are magnified and look great)

Step 2: Glue circular paper to magnet (modge podge or elmer's)



step 3: put a dot of hot glue in the center, quickly place dragon's tear ontop and push down to avoid bubbling


                     (this one bubbled a bit)







TA DA! All done! :) I've heard of these being given as gifts in cute little tins of Altoid's tins. This may get addictive...

PS: I am 5 away from 100 followers!! Question for you veteran/awesome bloggers- what did YOU do to celebrate 100 followers? a give away? if so, how do those work? Get excited...! It's just around the corner! :)
The Girl Creative

15 comments:

  1. These are cute!! Love how easy it is :D

    * Found you on NFF *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really cute and look like they'd be easy and fun to make! I'm gonna have to give it a try. Humm... I think this could be a great project for my oldest daughter and I. These would make really cute quick gifts for her teachers and we could use up some of those old magazines laying around the house. Thanks for sharing! Visiting and following for NFF... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stopping by from NFF. Those are so cute and look easy enough that even I could make them! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NFF helped me find you, now following you
    Angela
    amamas2centsworth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first visit to your blog via New Friend Friday. Thank you for the tutorial on how to make these sweet magnets. I plan on making some!

    I invite you to stop by and enter my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun project for this rainy weekend ahead! Thanks for sharing! Following from New Friend Friday! Come see me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!!!! I'm your newest follower and I'd love it if you followed me back. I'm having a giveaway worth $100-! Hope to see you there=0)

    xoxo,
    Carol
    http://www.cieloazuljewelry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well you are now 101...congratulations! Yes I did a giveaway....25.00 gift card to red lobster....I see they do Target, Home goods...etc....really it could even be something special you made. Hope to see you over at my blog....I have an awesome giveaway going on now for two designer bags...you may want in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stopping in from Follow Me Friday. Your magnets turned out great!

    http://answerischocolate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are so fun! You can never have enough of these magnets on your fridge! And there are so many varieties! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This may sound dumb.. but what are dragon tears???? Please respond.. Thanks
    Love your magnets..Yu did a great job!!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will try these with my son he can give them as Christmas presents, thanks for blogging about it
    http://mrsphilipswithonel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had to put a link to this up on my blog I hope you don't mind
    http://mrsphilipswithonel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)