with only 8 days of school left, i'm busy working away on thank you gifts for my room moms and my mentor. (leah, if you're reading this- stop now!) :) i finished my thank you frames for my three room moms: click here to see decoupage frames
flower pens in a vase!
great gifts for: mother's day, birthdays, just because, gifts, teachers, someone who wants to brighten up their work space or home!
you will need:
pens (got these for $1 at walmart)
wire cutter (your regular scizzors will get ruined!)
flowers ($5 for all of these at walmart)
vase ($1 at walmart)
pretty rocks
floral tape (.97 at walmart)
1. cut flower to the length you want- i like to vary the lengths
2. line up pen with stem
3. start wrapping pen tightly- it's sticky but i always secure one end with hot glue- just a little dot will help keep it form coming unraveled
4. ta-da! one done! be sure not to wrap the tip of the pen- the cap most likely will not fit (i just throw those away)
5. finished product! i added ribbon with hot glue around the top. i might tie a little note around the base, as well. we'll see. :)



http://tweepoppets.blogspot.com/2010/05/tuesday-tag-along-51710.html


What a neat idea and with the rocks in the jar you pens will always stand up..sorta. I know your mentor and aid are going to love it. I keeping this tip for sure! Thanks for sharing it.
ReplyDeletehttp://hauplight.blogspot.com/
meg - you did a wonderful job on this project!! :D i love the rocks in a vase...adds something a little more to the pens! :D great job my friend!
ReplyDeletesuper pretty!!!
ReplyDeletethank you for the sweet comments :) i love the flowers pens!!Come on over and link up to Making Monday's Marvelous!
ReplyDeleteLove it! Super Cute :-) I adore handmade items. They're so original. I love homemade altogether!
ReplyDeletehttp://livingonhomemade.blogspot.com
Fantastic! I've always thought these were a great idea!
ReplyDeleteFollowing you from Monday Madness!
Stephanie
http://sweetsavingsincolorado.blogspot.com
What a great fun idea. I like to see all kinds of homemade ideas. Thanks for sharing. HAVE A BLESS MONDAY!!! :)
ReplyDeleteGina
Visit my blog at http://motherof1princessand2princes.blogspot.com
Those are super cute! I love how they look and are practical too!
ReplyDeleteWow, that looks really pretty. Thanks for the tutorial. Will be trying this soon.
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining in the Monday Madness bloghop! We hope you grab our button next time! Adorable blog!
ReplyDeleteMeghan
www.thetuckerstaketennessee.com
Those pens are fantastic! I'm going to have to try and make a few of those :) I'm dropping in from TTA! I'm a new follower. LOVE the doggie photo you put up on the mclinky!
ReplyDeletehttp://mrscamerahappy.blogspot.com
What an adorable idea! The perfect gift! Super cute! Thanks so much for joining the Sunday Showcase! I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a wonderful week! ~Stephanie Lynn
ReplyDeleteGreat blog! I can only wish I was that crafty. Welcome to TTA!
ReplyDeleteHere from TTA, now a follower, please visit my blog!
ReplyDeletehttp://talltalesfromasmalltown.blogspot.com/
We did something similar for my bridal shower, only we used terra cotta pots instead of vases, so cute!
Thanks for coming and checking out my blog! I love these pens and was actually thinking of making some for my daughters teacher!
ReplyDeleteFlowers are the most lovely gift for any occasion..
ReplyDeletesend flowers to Pakistan
http://www.giftxperts.com
super pretty!i love it...
ReplyDeleteSend Flowers Pakistan