Friday, May 21, 2010

100 FOLLOWERS! :)




Oh my goodness, I can't believe it. As I write this, I now have 101 followers.

Thank you so much!

Now onto the good part- in light of this milestone in my new but beloved blogging career, I want to do my first give away. BUT.. I need your help! *I have no idea HOW to do one!*

So here are my questions for you pros out there:

1. Tips?
2. How do you pick a winnner? (I've seen those random generator things, how do you get one?)
3. Do you let people request what they want or do you just say.. "This is what I am giving away!"

Thanks for your help AND for following, of course! Makes it all worth it!

our dog, scout :) he turns one in 2 weeks!

7 comments:

  1. Following over from Trendy Treehouse.

    Stop by and enter my giveaways:

    List PlanIt
    EvoraPlus
    E-Mealz

    http://extremepersonalmeasures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tips: use a contest template from google docs. the entry forms upload to a spreadsheet for you, and it updates each time someone new enters. makes life much easier. there are random name/number generators online to pick winners, or you can pull a name from a hat, that works too :)

    I always pick my own item to giveaway, they can take it or leave it. I look at it this way, I am using my own money to pay for something they are getting for free, I get to be the picky one, not them :)

    I am happy to help, I am only on my second one myself but I have others in the works :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog! :)
    I'm your newest follower from New Friend Friday - please come follow me at www.openbookgirls.com
    anne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 105! Nice to "meet" you!

    I'm curious about the google docs contest template that Tiffany mentioned - I've never heard of it. I've used random.org to choose a winner. You just put in 1-# of entries and it picks one (of course then you need to # the comments and that involves html code/google search). If I'm sponsoring it myself, I choose something I'd like. ;)

    Off to check out more of your blog! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    Roeshel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! Congratulations! Congratulations! Over 100; how great do you feel???

    Truly want giveaway tips? I've just started doing them, so take my "advice" for what it's worth. In some giveaways, companies are able to give a choice. The "prize" is usually a gift certificate, then. Other times, I've been asked to give a specific necklace away, for example. It's really up to you...
    I've used random.org but I know there are other random number generators as well. Suggestion? Be sure to set a specific deadline, date and time...and have fun!

    Congratulations again.

    ReplyDelete

your comments brighten my day! thank you! :)